Teacher Training Programs (Comprehensive Yoga Training)
Conducted by José Manuel Vázquez, this YOGA ORGÁNICO/COMPREHENSIVE YOGA training is inspired in the classical texts, as well as methodological contributions and adaptations born in the West. We train teachers who have to be an example of ethic and professionalism. This training offers technical knowledge for the professional and personal development in the yoga field. We can´t conceive the course of this profession without a personal process and a constant research and personal growth backing it up. We especially identify ourselves with two sentences signed by Gérard Blitz taken from the first document of the European Union of Yoga related to the training programme of European training in 1976:
“The practice of yoga improves our physical condition and our understanding of life”.
The total training length is 500 hours. The standard of two formative cycles of 200 and 300 hours of the certificación internacional Yoga Alliance (International Certification Yoga Alliance) is followed. Besides, it is on a level in hours and contents with the professional qualification approved in July 2011 by the cabinet http://www.boe.es/boe/dias/2011/08/04/pdfs/BOE-A-2011-13391.pdf . Our association is member of Federación Española de Entidades Formadoras de Yoga. (FEDEFY).
José Manuel Vázquez has participated as a specialist technician in the elaboration of the professional qualification of yoga for the national catalogue of professional qualifications of the Ministrio de Educación y ciencia (2008/2009 Madrid) which as a result, has the official certificate of instructor of yoga in Comunidad de Madrid (2008/2009 Madrid) .
The training is divided in three independent and at the same time complementary courses:
-Accrediting diploma 200 hours. Instructor of yoga.
- Base course, Fundamentos del yoga (Yoga foundations) (200 hours). Introduction to the general knowledge indispensable for a yoga instructor. Historical and cultural context. Anatomy applied to yoga (organic methodology). Realisation and pedagogy; hatha yoga, meditation, philosophy and psychology of tantric yoga.
-Accrediting diploma 300 hours. Teacher of yoga.
- Specialization course, yoga of energy (160 hours). Deepening of yoga subtle, energetic and knowledge processes. It completes the general contains from its tantric orientation, Pranayamas, neuroendocrine philosophy and psychology of tantric yoga.
- Specialization course, therapeutic applications of yoga (140 hours). Focused on the adaptations and possibilities in the practice of yoga according to the necessities and aims of the practitioner in a health context. Background material, assisted yoga, restoring yoga, functional anatomy, pathologies, specific population, multidisciplinary equipment and science of yoga.
The training hours for the foundations of yoga are distributed in 10 intensive seminars on weekends, yoga of energy in 9 intensive seminars on weekends, and the therapeutic applications of yoga in 8 intensive seminars on weekends.
- Saturdays: from 8:45 to 13:45, 14:45 to 17:45
- Sundays: from 8:45 to 13:45
The remaining 60 hours of the base course and the 30 courses of specialisation are teaching practice, complementary activities, assignments and tutorials. Besides, the student has to attend when possible, one or two collective yoga classes per week at our school. The students of the training will be informed of different discounts to attend the classes they wish.
It is required for the application:
- Being a practitioner of yoga, having interest in the study of it and being motivated for learning.
- Personal interview with the student.
- Previous attendance to some collective class.
- It is recommended to attend an individual session of introduction to breathing.
Yoga foundationsPedagogy and execution
- Traditional system of gurukula teaching and its adaptation to the West.
- Responsibilities of the teacher.
- Responsibilities of the student.
- The room setting.
- The warming up.
- How to make a yoga pose.
- Types of yoga poses.
- Types of instructions depending on aims.
- Structure of the class.
- Preparing and giving classes in each level.
- Sun salutation.
- Basic concepts of anatomy.
- Pelvis anatomy.
- Spine anatomy.
- Lower limbs.
- Upper limbs.
- Anatomy explained in detail in Hatha Yoga poses.
- Basic preventive measures and adaptations.
- Study of the mind according to Yoga Sutras by Patanjali.
- Asthanga yoga by Patanjali and the interpretations.
- External yoga and its practice.
- Inner yoga and its practice.
- Ethic in yoga: yamas and niyamas.
- Meditation techniques.
- Basic instructions to guide a meditation.
- Yoga as a discipline and personalised sadhana.
- Hinduism and neohinduism.
- Origin, definition and paths of yoga.
- History of India, social structure and values.
- Introduction to Sanscrit.
- The texts in Hinduism: Vedas, Upanishads, Puranas and Epic poems.
- Orthodox and heterodox schools in India.
- Common concepts in the Indian philosophy in its context.
- Introduction to Samkhia and its relation with yoga.
- Introduction to Buddhism.
- Introduction to Ayurveda.
- Styles and evolution of yoga until now.
- Important Masters for the West.
Yoga of the energyPedagogy and execution
- Energetic line-up of the yoga poses.
- Study and execution in detail of the main techniques of Hatha Yoga.
- Muscle Bandhas (inner muscle activation).
- Subtle aspects in relaxation.
- Making yoga poses depending on its subtle effects.
- Programming the classes depending on aims.
- Programming karanas and vinyasas gradually.
- Breathing Physiology.
- The three diafragms physiology.
- Balanced muscle activitiy.
- Wrong compensations.
- Muscle fascias.
- Effects on the nervous and endocrine systems.
- Origin, history, miths and reality of Tantra.
- Study in detail of Hatha Yoga Pradipika and Gerandha Samhita.
- Visual concentration techniques: tratak and yantras.
- Sound concentration techniques: mantras.
- Effects of bhandas and mudras.
- Energetic purifying techniques or kriyas.
- Basic breathings.
- Main types of breathing and their effect.
- Theory and practice of psychic breathing or ujayi.
- Theory and practice of lunar breathing.
- Theory and practice of solar breathing.
- Theory and practice of alternate breathing.
- Theory and practice of kapalaphatti breathing.
- Introduction to different body systems.
- The energy and its qualities.
- Energitic flow laws.
- Subtle bodies and energetic layers.
- Main chakras and nadis.
- Study in detail of each chakra.
- Energetic blocks or granthis.
- Energetic amatomy applied to Hatha yoga.
- Chakras and yoga poses.
- Enlightening processes.
- Yoga and alchemy.
- Food and its attributes.
Therapeutic applications of yogaPedagogy and execution
- Organic methodology.
- Inner listening to the symtom.
- Relation mind-body.
- Breathing techniques applied to anxiety and stress processes.
- Breathing in emotional integration processes.
- Programming the classes for specific groups.
- Structuring the individual yoga session.
- Structuring the therapeutic yoga session.
- Programming and execution of restoring yoga sequences.
- Yoga techniques and its specific counter-indications.
- Therapeutic yoga practice as injuries prevention.
- Specific pathologies in the practice of yoga.
- Adaptation to specific lesions.
- Programming the specific sequences for different pathologies.
- Visualising and its effects.
- Meditation if inner silence or Antar Mouna.
- Yoga Nidra or the conscious dream.
- Dynamic meditations.
- Transpersonal dimension of the comprehensive meditation.
- Personal dimension of the comprehensive meditation.
- Social dimension of the comprehensive meditation.
- Heath and illness concepts in the context of yoga.
- Comprehensive yoga and its applications.
- Scientific keys of yoga.
- The yoga of knowledge or jñana yoga.
- The self-realization according to yoga.
- Yoga as a supportive technique in personal processes.
- Therapeutic values of knowledge.
- Comprehensive reading of Bhagavad Gita.
- Emotional management through the techniques of yoga.
- The future of yoga in the West and specialisation of yoga in modern societies.
First aid (not included in the training) All the information about the 40 hours in first-aid, is common to the sport family of professional qualifications. The students will be provided as soon as the official processes of accreditation and recognition of professional certificates come out.
- Seminars of continuous training.
- Meditation group.
- Reading workshop of Yoga Sutras by Patanjali.
- Seminars of applied anatomy.
- Personalised care.
- Theory and practice.
- Team work reinforcement.
- Based on personal investigation.
Finishing the course, the students who are interested in obtaining the entitlement to be validated by Yoga Alliance, must prove that they have achieved the aims, levels and the training programme conditions Those who do the training as a personal maturation work, are exempted, in which case they will be issued a certificate with the training hours. There will be a continuous evaluation during the course, through monthly activities and quarterly tutorials. Technician knowledge, execution, motivation and personal development of the student will be valued. In case the student doesn´t achieve such aims, a certificate with the training hours will be issued. To be able to do the final exam, the candidate must have attended all he seminars, except one month of those in the training. The contents for the final exam will be similar to the works given and the practice through the course.The registration includes the right to two summons for the final exam (June and September).
Shiva-Shakti Association of Yoga Integral (Comprehensive yoga) will issue the accreditative diplomas corresponding to the end of the year and alternatively, a document recognising the given hours with academic progress as introduction of comprehensive yoga. Our training school and the diplomas issued, are endorsed by Yoga Alliance, a highly regarded Northamerican organization.
Yoga foundations: Single payment. Reservation 250 Euros plus 1490 Euros in the beginning of the course. Quarterly. Reservation 250 Euros plus three fees of 520 Euros. Monthly. 250 Euros plus 10 monthly payments of 160 Euros.
Yoga of energy: Single payment. Reservation 250 Euros plus 1370 Euros in the beginning of the course. Quarterly. Reservation 250 Euros plus three fees of 485 Euros. Monthly. 250 Euros plus 9 monthly payments of 170 Euros.
Therapeutic applications of Yoga: Single payment. Reservation 250 Euros plus 1290 Euros in the beginning of the course. Quarterly. Reservation 250 Euros plus three fees of 420 Euros. Monthly. 250 Euros plus 8 monthly payments of 180 Euros.
Not attending classes on weekends must be equally paid and the hours and contents must be made up through tutorials, seminars and given essays.
- The payment includes the manuals of each lesson. It doesn`t include the reference books.
- It includes the access to our virtual campus, as well as a selection of texts and different resources on-line needed for the training process.
- It includes a full board accommodation for the residential seminar, plus an extra payment, which changes every year depending on the place holding it.
- In case of cancellation, there will be no refunds for reservation or weekends carried out.
- The students of the training will have discounts in attending activities at the school.
- To obtain the degree the student must attend 80% of on-site hours, pass the corresponding exams and pay for the course entirely.
For any other question not taken into account in this text, it is subject to the judgement of the school. The school reserves the right to modify the information here indicated for the proper functioning of the course.
Information and reservations
C/ Pelayo, 80, 1º D, 28004 MADRID
+34 91 310 51 81