José Manuel Vázquez
José Manuel Vázquez was born in Irún, Guipuzkoa (15/2/1971)
Presidente de la Asociación Shiva-Shakti de Yoga Integral. Profesor certificado por Yoga Alliance (E-RYT500) y la Asociación Española de Practicantes de Yoga (AEPY), miembro de la Unión Europea de Yoga y de la International Association of Yoga Therapists (IAYT). Es profesor reconocido por la Asociación Profesional de Profesores de Yoga de Madrid.
He has participated as a specialist technician in the making of the Professional Qualification of Yoga for the National Catalogue of Professional Qualifications of the Instituto Nacional de cualificaciones del Ministerio de Educación y Ciencia (2008/2009 Madrid).
He begins his teaching activity in 1992. Since then, he gives classes in different public and private centres in Madrid. From 2001 to 2008 he directs the workshops of intoduction to yoga for youngsters coordinated by Instituto de la Juventud de la Comunidad de Madrid. Besides, he has coordinated the magazine Yoga y Salud (1998-2003) of the Asociación Profesional de Profesores de Yoga de Madrid (Professional Association of Teachers of yoga from Madrid).
- Dr. Miguel Fraile (yogotherapy, vipassana meditation)
- Westley Adam Eckhardt andGauri Agulla (yoga)
- Danilo Hernandez (yoga nidra, vipassana meditation, pedagogic breathing methodology)
- Desiree Rumbaugh and Gisela Vázquez (Anusara yoga)
- Vassily Protsenko (balance)
- Paco Peñarubia, Agueda Sedado, Enrique de Diego and Annie Chevreux (Gestalt psychotherapy)
- Alejandro Jodorowsky (personal relationships, archetypes)
- Claudio Naranjo (music and meditation)
- Marly Kuenerz (the game of attention)
- Buddhist Monks from the Gaden Shartse temple (Introduction to the Buddha of medicine)
- Patricia Kraus (voice)
- Jesús Aladren (voice)
- Concha Quintana (zazen meditation)
- Susana Levinsky (Grotowsky technique)
- Daniel lambertini (teatro laboratorio)
- Blanca Calvo (contemporary dance)
- Ana Buitrago (contact dance)
- Concha Jerez y José Iges (creation of sound and visual space)
- Xosé Arteaga (painting)
- Ignacio Martín Poyo (inner balance)
- Enrique Gallud (hinduismo)
- Dra. Neha Joglekar (Ayurveda and diet)
- Carlos Claramunt (Kundalini)
- Besides, he receives training in Scott Pilates, therapeutic and sport massage, thai massage , yoga thai massage , holistic massage, acrobatic yoga, butoh dance, modern dance, physical, mental, taoist meditation ,canalization techniques, harmonic chanting and therapeutic of sound, sol-fa, digital music production and edition, filming, literary creation, groups dymanizing, etc...
- In 2018 the compiled Spanish Experimental Music 1980-1986 “Golpea tu cerebro” is edited. Collector edition, number of copies 440 . In it, there are two of his works. Links of interest: www.rotordiscos.com | spectrumculture.com | www.rockdelux.com
- In 2016 and 2017, sound material by the author is exposed in the exhibition “Escuchar con los ojos. Arte sonoro en España 1961-2016”in Fundación Juan March coordinated by José Iges and José Luis Marie. Exhibited in Palma, Cuenca and Madrid. Exhibition link | Artists in the exhibition link
- In the 2006-2015 he creates the music series Science of Peace from which there are six refenrences published: "Tantra yoga" (CD), "Nidra" (CD), "Nada yoga" (double CD), "Surya Namaskar (DVD-CD), "Los Secretos de la respiración" (doble CD) and "Surya" (CD) (available in our online store and in itunes store).
- During 2006, Xavier Moreno uses "Tantra Yoga" as background music in his local programme Lokal in Radio 3
- He makes front covers, inside covers and illustrations in the Asociación Española de Psicoterapia Gestalt bulletin: nº 15 "Infancia y educación" (1994), nº 23 "Gestalt y sociedad" (2003), nº 24 "Gestalt, personalidad y trastornos" (2004) and nº 25 "Gestalt, teoría y técnica" (2005).
- In 1993 the magazine Visual number 38 , he publishes a portfolio of his graphic works and he takes part in the collective exhibition Azul of the Asociación de Artistas Plásticos Independientes.
- In 1991 with Raúl Almenara and Juan Rózpide, he makes the visual and musical performance Abrea Nae in the cultural events on Día de las Letras Gallegas by the University of Santiago de Compostela.
- In 1990 he directs the scenic and sound performance "Líquidos", a reflection on time and the eternal recurrence (Nietzsche) with laboratory theatre of Sunana Lebinsky mates in Digitales Órbita in Madrid.
- Between 1990 and 2002 he takes part in several fanzines, installations, broadcasting music and other musical projects.
- In 1988 he wins the third award in the plastic arts from Galicia Contest and he participates in the collective exhibition in favour of human rights and against torture in support of Amnistia Internacional in the Circulo de las Artes de Lugo.
- In 1987 he wins the third award in the national contest of Rock de Luxe demo in the section of electronic music.
- Between 1984 and 1989 experimental sound works came out in collections from Spain, France,Belgium and U.S.A.
- In 1984 he founds together with Raúl Almenara the first electronic music label where he publishes 8 references of experimental electronic music of his own.
- Besides, it is of great influence the meeting with the poet Claudio Rodríguez Fer, the video artist Pedro Garhel and the painters Xosé Arteaga and José Luís Pérez Aláez among others.
- In Paris, Anusara yoga with John Friedman (creator of Anusara).
- In Nueva York, Asthanga yoga of Misore y Hatha Vinyasa yoga (Sutra School), dynamic yoga style Jivanmukti (Jivanmukti Yoga School) and Hot power yoga (Prana power yoga).
- In London, yogicarts with Duncan Wong, yoga garuda with James D´Silva, yoga ballet fusion with David Olton and yogabeats with David Sye.
- In Rishikesh, he practices Hatha yoga and style Sivananda.
- Meditation in Matrimandir in Auroville in Pondichery, India.
- Popular ceremonies of fire worshiping by the Ganges in Benares, India.
- Morning payer in the Buddhist monasteries in the sacred mountain Koyasan, Japan.
- Ritual ceremonies with shamans from the Amazon and Mexico.
- Enajenado Ángel de Vida
Medios de comunicación
Presentation "Los valores terapéuticos del yoga"
14 November 2017, Casa del Libro in Madrid.
Presentation "Manual de yoga integral para occidentales"
Freedom, identity, sex and yoga.
Article in Yoga en Red.
We know what are the better yoga poses when you have tired legs.
Article in Glamour.
Understanding and relieving pain through yoga.
Interview in El Vuelo de la Lechuza.
We all are responsible for the evolution of yoga.
Interview in Yoga en Red.
Yoga should be part of our Education.
Interview in Espacio Humano.
José Manuel Vázquez. El Yoga Orgánico (comprehensive yoga)
Interview in Sosteniblízate.
Yoga as a therapy: benefits in the physical and mental fields, together with an expert.
Interview in Telva.
Articles in Vanidad, La Vanguardia and Yoga Journal:
Cooperation in Guía GQ
Comprehensive Yoga for urbanites.
Article in the web of Danone
Interview for the magazine Yoga en Red.
El yoga me alinea en una asana y en la vida
Review of the book: Manual de yoga integral para occidentales
Blog by José Manuel Vázquez
Articles written by José Manuel Vázquez from 2011 to 2013 for the magazine Harper's Bazaar in Spain.